Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Your favorite designer?

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Mine would have to be Jesse Bennett-Chamberlain. This guys work is just SOO DAMN YUMMY :)!

Comments

• .....soooo many amazing designers right now. that is half of the web 2.0 craze, in my opinion. www.mattbrett.com www.shauninman.com
  • I consider myself to be pretty good at web design, but Shaun Inman and Jason Santa Maria run rings around me.
  • edited March 2006
    I don't really like Shaun Inman's site, don't get me wrong it looks gourgous but the Javscript drop-downs feel a little overboard, and things are too small and too gray for me. Jason Santa Maria is brilliant, so are Greg Storey and Cameron Moll, but 31three is still my favorite.
  • edited March 2006
    I must say I like http://www.cubancouncil.com!
  • Yeah, when I mention SI and JSM I was thinking of Mint and A List Apart, respectively, rather than their blogs.
  • JSM is brilliant, Jon Hicks is awesome too, especially his icon designs. Shaun can do good designs too, but his current homepage stinks. But maybe my all time favourite is one relatively unknown dude called David Hellsing (monc.se and stylegala) he just knows good visual design and ui design, never scrificing usability.
  • I agree with C-Unit. The only one of those sites I really found visually pleasing was 31three. Some of those sites are just too busy (like cubancouncil ... WAY too much going on there.) ... and then there are the dark/black designs that just immediately turn me off. But that's just me personally. I like the simple, light, clean designs. Guess that's why I like where Mark's going with Vanilla!!
  • Ok, Jesse Bennett-Chamberlain just designed another site - does it get more beautiful than this?
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited May 2006
    PRATE and UPSO, of course

holla!
  • KrakKrak New
    edited May 2006
    This site has always been a top10 (for design) fav for me.

http://joshuaink.com/blog/
  • edited October 2006
    I take it back, I was foolish. But for postery -

"Yeah, his site is gourgous, but I’d give most of the credit to Denis Radenkovic’s for the illustration and logo design. I still don’t know any sites that he designed by himself (his Bite Sized Standards project he handed over to someone else too)."
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Wow, c-unit, that city church website is stunning. What an amazing job.
  • Wow, Denis Radenkovic has some awesome stuff.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited May 2006
    Jan Tschichold and Graphic Thought Facility are 2 of my faves. Check out http://www.graphicthoughtfacility.com/ for some thinking man's design! (PS. Not feeling Jon Hicks new site so much, looks a bit like a dodgy 70s nightclub)
  • About that City Church, is there like a premade generator for that changing flash thing, because I believe one million (yes, that is correct I got the numbers right here) sites use it.
    It would be a nice addition for my projects, and because many of the changers look so much alike I bet there is a generator or something for that.
  • Kosmo, it's Todd Dominey's SlideShowPro. Costs 20$.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited May 2006
    SlideShowPro is nice. Very customizable customisable as well if you have the patience to do some Flashegans.
  • That Church Site is one of the best-designed sites I've seen. Beautiful.
  • The church site has colours very similar to my newly decorated bedroom. Awesome.
  • ercatliercatli
    edited May 2006
    I have found http://www.lab404.com/dan/ to be a really great source of good websites (although the site design is ordinary), with a good discussion of the design philosophy behind them. My favourite site is Method - the home page is good but some of their portfolio is even better - see the Gucci design - don't like the big business but love the design!
This discussion has been closed.