Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

help please, undefined index error opening a discussion with poll extension enabled.

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
After enabling the poll extension (by skyfex), it becomes impossible to open a discussion. Starting a new discussion is possible, but only to the point where you press the <start your discussion> button Is there anybody out there that could help me fix undermentioned bugs? Thanks, Wicho Notice: Undefined index: Poll in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 369 Warning: Missing argument 2 for addselect() in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 85 Warning: Missing argument 4 for addwhere() in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 114 Warning: Missing argument 5 for addwhere() in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 114 Notice: Undefined index: DiscussionID in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 115 Notice: Undefined index: in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 115 Notice: Undefined index: = in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 116 Notice: Undefined index: in www.vogelblik.nl/vanilla/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 116 A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occured while getting the poll for this discussion. Affected Elements Poll.GetPollFromDiscussionID(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''=.' limit 0, 1' at line 1 For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at:

Comments

• Looks like you're missing the poll database tables; I don't remember how those get added.
  • No, not missing those. Used the script included in the discussion about the Poll by Skyfex. CREATE TABLE `LUM_Poll` ( `PollID` int(8) NOT NULL auto_increment, `DiscussionID` int(8) NOT NULL default '0', `Title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `Options` text, PRIMARY KEY (`PollID`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM; CREATE TABLE `LUM_PollVote` ( `PollID` int(8) default NULL, `UserID` int(10) default NULL, `Vote` int(3) NOT NULL ) ENGINE=MyISAM; But the tables are empty. (and remain emty). Wicherd
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    This may not even be compatible with vanilla anymore due to the recent number of changes. Which version are you attempting to run this with?
  • I've used the SVN update from 29/30 march. I'm not sure about revisions, but the SVN thingy spoke of rev. 286 complete.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    edited March 2006
    That could most likely be the issue then. Most of the extensions were created for the current version of vanilla which is 9.2.x. Otherwise any extensions which have not been updated over the past few weeks to months are due to break to tweaks all around the codebase, especially in the way themes/styles and even extensions are handled. Simply put: They're no longer compatible until the author updates them. Mark could confirm all this better than I can, but I'm simply taking an educated guess at this point.
  • Normally I would not argue with an expert, but in this case I think you're wrong.
    According to this discussion, it's written for version 0.9.3

And that brings us back to the start of this discussion. :-(

Wicherd
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I'm simply basing this off of the last time the discussion was updated. If you look at the last date that thread was updated (Dec 28th 2005), I'm simply guessing that was around the last time that extension was updated. And since then, there have been dozens of changes to vanilla.
  • You are probably right ,but I could be wrong. :-)
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    There was a more recent discussion behind this extension if I recall correctly, but I still want to say that this extension will not be updated until a final release of vanilla is made due to all the changes that have been taking place over the past few weeks. My advice would be to sit tight and just keep checking back every now and then. Also maybe pm or mail Skyfex to see what he knows since it is his extension.
  • will do just that. (both that is)
This discussion has been closed.