Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category within several categories (more than 4) doesn't show correctly

StarfleetStarfleet New
edited January 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

It's quite hard to explain, so I hope you all understand me.

When I create a category below another (just 1) it shows correctly (Cat2 comes within Cat1). Now when I do this more than 4 times (Cat1 > Cat2 > Cat3 > Cat4 > Cat5), categories stop showing within the previous category (Cat4 in this case), but simply show below Cat4 within Cat3.

To make it more clear, this is what it looks like:

Category 1
- Category 2
-- Category 3
--- Category 4
--- Category 5

In the dashboard is does show correctly and in 2.3 is also still shows correctly (when hooking up the same database to 2.3).

Anyone experiencing the same problem or has a solution? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Hi

Sorry, this got stuck in the spam queue.

Hopefully someone will help you now.

• So to try and make this more clear, I took some screenshots.

This is what it should look like:

This is what it does look like:

As you can see, the 'Test' category isn't placed inside 'Rapporten', where it should be. Same for the DCWS category that you see pictured and any other categories placed down 4 or more categories.

Hoping for some more responses now. :awesome:

• @Linc Any thoughts?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2018

I think it'd help to know if you're seeing that in the base theme or some other theme.

I also think it'd help if anyone else could reproduce this issue elsewhere and report in on the details of their findings as well.

Those bits of data would perhaps let you narrow this down to setup/customization issue or a product issue.

If it's a product issue (and you're quite sure of this), I think I'd then file a GitHub issue, per our Contributor docs.