HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

YAGA reactions - What da ya(ga) need?

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi everybody,

As promised in another thread I am currently working on a new library of YAGA reaction icons. After the amazing code contributions to YAGA by @Bleistivt with help from @R_J and @pioc34 as well as others... it is now about time to give the look of reactions a fresher appearance.

This is the old icon table that - especially on retina displays - appears to be blurry and uncrisp.

I started working on new SVG icon set to integrate into YAGA. They will be able to scale to any dimension as they are SVGs. So far I cover some basics and before I come to more special icons I would like to ask the community what could be smart and relevant reactions making sense to many forums.

So first of all, what do you think of it and more importantly which reactions should I create that could be utilized by many communities? 🤔

Please provide one or two sentences of little explanation so I can understand the reaction you propose.

➡️ Current YAGA version can always be found here: https://vanillaskins.com/plugins.html#yaga

Thanx to everyone,

phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I wish I could give the reaction "Promote" for promoting your effort, "Awesome" for the work done so far.

And "Like", "LOL" and a non-existent "WTF" at the same time for that Star Trek reaction - what could that be used for?! 🤣

• Options
    edited July 2020

Hundreds of YAGA downloads every month and no wishes or suggestions? Well, at least ask for free underwear if there are no icons on your mind... 🤪

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options

Lol 😂 However, colorful icons would be great 👍️

• Options

@testing3: I guess I‘ll only provide a one color set as people will use them in all kinds of themes. But each SVG file can easily be edited in color by opening the file in a text editor and alter the HEX value. I will also research with @Bleistivt if plugin setting declaration of CSS masks might be possible to color the icons.

• Options

That would be a great option!

Would it be possible to change the HEX value for individual icons? Red for heart, yellow for thumbs up etc.?

• Options

Probably. You know it‘s all life time of @Bleistivt and me. But enrich us with a coffee donation by buying a plugin and our motivation will keep up. :)

• Options

I’ll surely buy some of the plugins when I officially launch my forum, just waiting for the new vanilla 4.0 version 👍