Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thumbnailer

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Can you make an option for the thumbnailer to do all subdirectories recursively?
Or something similar...

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    Wow. I can't believe I never thought of that. What an awesome idea. Seriously. I'll definitely do that for version 1.4 *creates new tadalist*
  • haha. Well i just did like 15 directories on my server and after clicking it a few times it got a little tedious...
  • I'd also love it if you could build in an uploader (and maybe even a password-er), but i guess thats more at your discretion.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    I'd also love it if you could build in an uploader (and maybe even a password-er), but i guess thats more at your discretion.

For that, I would leave to a cms/cvs type of extension for vanilla. I have a rough idea on how to do this, but it would be severly limited to what the default php upload limit is.
  • hmm. Well yeah, integration with vanilla would be cool, it'd be nice to be able to have it as a filebrowser extension too - i'd really like to be able to offer friends/family/customers the ability to upload photos to share (and then perhaps set some for different people through passwords etc) - i could write the basic thing myself, but making it fit in nicely and look as good as all marks stuff does would be impossible for me :(

Perhaps for v2 you could consider extensionising the FB, mark?
  • an uploader for fb would be great anybody out there know of a good php file uploader I could repurpose for fb in the interim.
    good things
    -multiple file uploads
    -zip file uploading (and unzipping)
    -password protecting
  • indeed dfareed, there are tons of php uploaders out there if you google for them, not many have those features though.

I'd be willing to push small sums of money/beer/hookers marks way if it'd help the cause...
  • there are few things I wouldn't be willing to do for that cause.
  • google results and hotscripts.com are pains in the neck to search through
  • How about a 'base folder' configuration line - i.e. i want index.php to be in my www root, but the lowest i want it to browse is /images?
  • edited July 2005
    So Mark wants to make money and people want extensions....hmmm...how 'bout you start a Discussion with an idea and people can keep pledging cash until it hits a level that's worth his time. :)
  • oh my god that would be perfect if we could get filebrowser with an uploader. what about something like the celerondude uploader? http://celerondude.com/
  • Oh dear me, no! Please, not an uploader... that's why I use Filebrowser! So I can just dump a directory in via FTP or rsync and it Just Works. No other product does this; don't ruin a good thing!
  • well obviously you wouldnt *have* to use the uploader, it'd just be an optional extra. Filebrowser should run extensions like vanilla.
  • Does Mark have paypal? We could ALL pitch in a little for the things we are most after, and he may be more inclinded to do this instead of his job :P
  • there is a method of donation which you can find out about on www.lussumo.com or www.getvanilla.com, i'm sure he'd be more than greatful for a donation. I'm sure he's already more inclined to do this than his job but until donations pay $XXXk/year his job is probably more useful to keep the bread on the table.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    http://lussumo.com/donate/ :D
  • Will do. <wanted_feature_at_lussumo> You (and other developers) could create a 'reverse bounty' and assign a monetary value for a 'wanted' feature. The community could then donate (or pledge) a portion of the bounty, and when the limit is reched, the developer creates the feature/ request. Thoughts? <.wanted_feature_at_lussumo>
  • nathan, that's called ransomware. Lots of people do it.
  • You could use https://www.fundable.org/, I've seen a few rpg designers put games out after using that site to ransom them. If I had some money I'd definately put up some bounties on my 'most wanted' extensions :).
This discussion has been closed.