Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Poll 1.3

Comments

• edited July 2006
    That's a (minor) bug in Vanilla 1. Mark forgot the rewrite setting for his extension.php Edit your appg/settings.php en look for // url rewriting definitions Add the following line:$Configuration['REWRITE_extension.php'] = 'extension/';

Taken from Jazzman himself
  • jazzman you are a legend!!
  • Jazzman.
    I get this error when I try to enter the poll itself after I' ve created it.
    Some problems were encountered
    The requested discussion could not be found.
  • Ah, tnx levy... I've overlooked that.. The notification also displays on polls with no DiscussionID. I'm gonna work on that tomorrow, as I will implement the Poll History. It will redirect to there when the poll hasn't been attached to a discussion.
  • alright man... doing a good job. This is an essential extension, that's for sure.

Peace.. .Levy.
  • hmm.. weird... the reason I' m getting this error is probably because the polls I've created all have the same path

/forum/comments.php

Jazzman... something I did not get during the installation?
  • one thing you might want to change jazzman... if someone deletes the discussion before you have voted in it, the notification stays and if you click on it, it says the discussion can't be found. which is fine. but i can't get rid of the notification unless i turn them off completely.
  • So just to be sure, because I'm a PHP n00b...I want to be adding this line: $Configuration['REWRITE_extension.php'] = 'Poll/'; Right?
  • $Configuration['REWRITE_extension.php'] = 'extension/';
  • Well, don't I feel dumb...anyway, that fixed the problem, so thank you. =o)
  • I really don't mean to keep bumping this thread with my issues, but I have another one, so... So I got it to not give me rewrite errors, and now I'm getting this when I try to add a poll to a discussion: Not Found The requested URL /extension/146/ was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.34 Server at forum.phorm.net Port 80 I know that's being caused by the fact that I don't have an extension/146/ folder anywhere in my Vanilla folder, but I also don't know how to fix it. Anyone not sick of me and feel like helping? =o\
  • Can you show me a link to your website phaded?
  • I think you need to edit .htaccess like discribed in this post.
  • jazzman: It's http://forum.phorm.net Dinoboff: No such luck with that .htaccess edit.
  • *desperation bump*
  • mmmm, users who are not logged in could not see it? show them just the results ....
  • ... pluss some small icons for each choice?
  • I updated the htaccess as well, which accidentally fixed shortstats for me. But I'm still having two problems with the poll add-on.

1. The link in the top bar you get when there's a new poll: "There is a poll available which you should vote on: Test Poll" doesn't work, the link in goes to "mysite.xyz/vanilla/discussion/0/", and produces an error by the forum that this discussion could not be found.

2. Also, I can only add polls to the sidebar. When clicking "add poll to this discussion" it gives me a 404 error. The link used is "mysite.xyz/vanilla/extension/3/?PostBackAction=Poll"

I'm thinking this is still a rewriterule issue somehow... By the way, Is there a way to have "Show active Poll in Panel" enabled by default for all (new) users?
  • have you tried without friendly url extension?

If it work without, post here the links with querystring and the friendly links or your logs (error.log, access_log, rewrite.log).
  • Yeah I tried it, and adding a poll to a thread works with the standard url building method.

The "add poll to this discussion" link is:
    mysite.xyz/vanilla/extension.php?DiscussionID=3&PostBackAction=Poll
    which gets turned into this with mod_rewrite on:
    mysite.xyz/vanilla/extension/3/?PostBackAction=Poll

In the errorlog it shows this:
    File does not exist: .../www/html/vanilla/extension, referer: mysite.xyz/vanilla/discussion/3/newpoll/
    (where newpoll is the title of the poll)

The .htaccess I'm using is a straight copy/paste of your post here.

What still doesn't work without mod_rewrite is the top banner link of "There is a poll available which you should vote on:", but only with the poll I made from the admin settings (so it's not attached to a thread at all). But I think that's just a little bug in the poll add-on(?), since other polls made on a thread don't have this problem.
This discussion has been closed.