Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress Theme <-> Vanilla Theme

TexTex
edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi there, has anyone adapted a Wordpress Theme to a Vanilla Theme yet, or a Vanilla Theme to a Wordpress Theme? I would like to use a corporate design, but styling Wordpress and Vanilla seems pretty hard to me. Thanks, Tex

Comments

• 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2006
    A long while back I converted a port of the Stanch theme from Wordpress to Vanilla. It took less than a day to get most of it working pretty nicely... even for a numpty like me.

It's not too hard to put the sidebar onto the right if required, and add some tabs at the top... then just put the main content into your central div... just think about it in terms of these main chunks and it isn't so daunting... and it was easy to change to fixed width as well :)
  • I've stuck the header of the Wordpress theme I use onto Vanilla, looks pretty good

WP: Link
    Vanilla: Link
  • @ 3stripe:
    "not too hard" is quite relative. ;) But the idea with main chunks might help a little.

@ iambigred:
    Nice done. I tried do do a similar thing, but it just wouldn't work.

Actually I would like to change Vanilla to fit into a WP theme with fixed sizes. A solution like iambigred's one, with "simply" adapting the header would also be great. The theme I tried to adapt this evening is Emire. I really wanna use it with my next project and would love to get Vanilla styled this way. At least the header. If someone got an idea how I could manage this, just let me know.

Sorry for my bad English, but it's already late here in Germany.
  • Sorry (I may need glasses), but I think the themes in the links are not too much alike Vanilla (he, I speak like Tarzan, sorry again)...
  • @ federicosanchez:
    "I may need glasses", maybe ;) 3stripe just wrote that he converted the theme, but did not give a link to his work. iambigred has not said converted it, but added a similar header, what is another way to do it.
  • TexTex
    edited July 2006
    Got it done the way iambigred did it. Looks okay for the beginning. The contrast between the dark Emire color and the bright Vanilla color is a bit to strong, but that's the best I can do. If interested I'll post a link when it's online. It's time, Swell gets finished. :D
  • My style is offline. I might remake it, but having just critised other people for porting themes elsewhere on here, I'm thinking it might be a bit hypocritical! An original theme from scratch would be a fun projec...
  • I completely adapted the style to the WP theme mentioned above. The Firefox extension ColorZilla made it possible. I'll offer it when I checked it some time.
This discussion has been closed.