Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

styles in Mac IE

unipusunipus New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
now, granted, I personally loathe and despise Mac IE and don't give a shit about it, but you might... in which case I should probably share the fact that Discussion titles simply DO NOT APPEAR when using Mac IE with the default style. Also, the individual list items do not liquidly expand or contract; they become static.

Screenshot:

Comments

• oh man seriously... fuck a mac ie
  • totally, but some people might not agree.
  • then they will be the first to get choke slammed
  • pics!
  • jonezyjonezy New
    edited July 2005

*jonezy choke slams himself

• lechlech Chicagoland
    lol @ choke slam
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've tried to accomodate mac ie before and it always limited my design so much. I just don't have the mad css skillz to deal with it. If someone wants to tackle the mac ie bugs, I'd be much obliged.
  • I'll do it...

just give me airfare and the address of every mac owner...

oh, and a sledgehammer too
  • i like the "there is a whole world of functionality you're not seeing." nice touch.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    ithcy: hahaha - gives the phrase a whole new meaning in mac ie :)
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    mac IE is pretty much officially a dead browser in many people's books. but yes a lot of the same idiots who use it on a pc, use it on a mac, because they just don't know any better. shame on them. (eg most people at my work, until i took it upon myself to start a firefox crusade... hehe) there are a few sites somewhere i've found in google that deal in rendering bugs for IE5 on a mac, which would help if so inclined.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    /me begins writing the 'get a better browser, fuckhead!' extension.
  • lol! that would be awesome... just some javascript that sniffed the browser and then redirected to an awesome you are a loser page or something.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    I've actually used a UA sniffer in php that specificly targeted IE, I'm pretty sure I could even style the css it to look like a dhtml pop-up window saying "get firefox or camino, you jackass!" I was seriously considering this the other day. Tack it onto the index.php and prevent anyone trying with IE from even logging in.
  • well i wou'dn't prevent any flavour of ie... ie 6 ok, but everything else no.
  • lol lech, it'd be better if you styled it like an IE/]windows/mac] popup with a serious-looking notice suggesting that they change browsers.
    Then for people who are stupid enough to still use it they'd be stupid enough to think it was an actual instruction from MS.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    mini, that's in the plan :D anyone with mac IE here willing to give me the most serious looking error message in high quality?
This discussion has been closed.