Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

ip to country conversion

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hey there, just found vanilla. great piece of software, love it. anyway, i'm setting up a travel forum and what would be great to have is an ip to country conversion to show the last know country instead of the last known ip. some of the statistic programs, like slimstat or mint do that i think. don't know if that i easy to implement or not. my programming skills are worse than non-existant, so if someone feels up to the challange, then go ahead. i'd really appreciate it. cheers, bo

Comments

• Options
    interesting. it would actually be pretty easy as there's a free ip-to-country database from GeoIP right here.

if nobody else wants to give this a shot, i'll do it after i'm done with the other 2 extensions i'm fixing :)
  • Options
    ithcy: that'd be brilliant. go for it!!
  • Options
    There is an existing WordPress plugin that does this. It might be easy to port it. It's called GeoIP.
  • Options
    You can also use the ShortStat extension as a reference. As I do it there as well :)
This discussion has been closed.