Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla not ordering discussions

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello everyone nice to be here!, I've been using vanilla for a couple of weeks now and everything is going great at my new site. As of a couple of days aho I've been having trouble with the discussion order (the discussion tab), it seems as if they were in a random order because new discussions aren't appearing first and also when someone comments on another duscussion it wont appear first either (by first I mean directly below the "Important" duscussions) new discussions appear even on the last page of discussions... what could this be? I have not installed new extensions, also I read something about a whisper bug but whispers are disabled... If I sink or close a discussion, it will stay in the exact same place it was but with the Sink or Closed tags before the discussion name please help this is not good for my forum users :( I dont want to start loosing members

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What version of mysql are you using?
  • edited October 2006
    Im running Mysql 5.0.22, latest vanilla I just noticed the days are all wrong, todays posts are marked as Oct 19th 2006 and older posts are marked hours ago, doing a direct query on mysql confirms the dates are all wrong on the database (LUM_Discussions table) how could this happen ? most importantly, how do I fix it? BTW, the system date is correct.
  • nevermind guys, found the problem. there was a power outage and the server's CMOS battery is dead lol thanx anyways!
This discussion has been closed.