Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

developing addons

ToivoToivo New
edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
how could developer take ownership of some add-on request? I see flow of messages "me likes it", "when it will be started?", "how is it going, does anyone work on it" in this discussion category. Some poll addon that says "user xxx has devoted to this project" .... one only needs to modify poll addon slightly. As user votes, the name will also published along with results. :)

Comments

• Maybe we need another category in the add-ons section for "in development" especially for extensions. Or, maybe we could develop the To-Do List extension into something that would help. I know I've modified a couple of add-ons and am working on a couple of others from ideas I have.

We don't need more than one person working on something they've seen in a discussion (unless it requires group effort).
  • If you want you can just make an addon on the addon site with a ADDON STILL IN PROGRESS type notice on. Obviously only do that if you definitely plan to get it finished in the short term though or we'll have tons of non existant addons laying around.
  • I personally can't take on another extension. I have too many that I have started and never finished because I am not knowledgeable enough. Maybe a better idea would be for Mark to add a new category call "Add-ons in development". Then each one of us who knows he, or she, is working on a new one or updating an existing one, can start a discussion. This would be a quick way for all to find this information. Also, when the add-on is completed, the discussion could then be deleted by Mark to keep the category clean with only those that are being worked on.
  • You can make your add-on a SourceForge project. You will have a svn server and a people can monitor your project.
  • Perhaps someone make an add-on to track new add-ons? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.