Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrade & Upcoming Release

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have just finished uploading the latest release of Vanilla here at lussumo.com/community. This release implements a ton of fixes and adds a few little bells and whistles, too. My hope is that we can hammer through the site as much as possible today and find any new bugs that may have cropped up. I'm looking at releasing the next revision late tonight so that people can grab the latest copy when they get to work tomorrow morning :) One thing to be aware of is the strange timestamp bug that cropped up late last night. I've fixed the bug, but a bunch of discussions and comments are still stamped with incorrect times. This will cause new comments to be added on-top of rather than below old comments. I'm not sure the best way to handle it. I don't want to lose anyone's comments, but I don't have the patience or time to go through and reset all of those timestamps to valid times. So, things might look a little wierd in that respect for the next few hours.

Comments

• good stuff, dont sweat the timestamp issue, atleast its fixed now! P.S. it's still deathly slow :(
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    what? It's super fast over here.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    toast the 22 hours ago thread unless you see something useful. If you're board, flip through the threads by hand to fix the dates and times :D I would just hose those discussions and have people recreate them as necessary. See, I told you that delete comment / thread extension would come in handy!
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    yeah, no speed bumps here mini, just you.
  • Just so I know when late tonight is, what time zone are you working in? Its 9.25pm over here in the UK so one might argue that it already is "late tonight" (not me, but hey, I'm off to work at 10). /me awaits with anticipation
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh, it's only 3pm here. Late tonight means about 9 hours from now. So expect it tomorrow morning over there :)
  • edited July 2005
    The saved search bug is still alive, same as I described in my earlier discussion. Maybe I should submit a bug report unless you've already seen my discussion, mark? Oh and the opera bug too, but I suspect this would take longer to track down so I don't expect a fix this early ;) Patrix.
  • mattmatt ✭✭
    fast enough for me and really loving vanilla as a new user/convert
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    patrix -yeah, I haven't had time to get to the search fix yet. Hopefully I'll have some time this evening before I do the release.
  • edited July 2005
    Is the "jump to last comment" bug addressed in this update? When clicking a discussion link from the sidebar (history section, for example), I end up at the top of the discussion, not at the newest messages... Or is that by design?
  • psst. it's a little faster now..i'll keep you posted.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    i'm touching myself
  • mark - awesome, that's what I like to hear. BTW I haven't expressed yet how great your forum is. Really diff from all that clunky stuff out there :D Thank you for making this, and I'm looking forward to more
  • Whoa! What delete comment/thread extension? I need this bad. I guess it's time for me to upgrade, perhaps that will also fix the problems I've been reporting on some other threads.

• lechlech Chicagoland
    Doug, check the cleanup extension.
  • hey all, mark just wanted to say congrats on the forum software - it's excellent. is upgrading as simple as overwriting all the files? i have 0.9.0 right now. thanks!
  • yes, but you might want to back up your settings.php first, and copy the relevant sections from the old settings.php to the new.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    sql dump for the hell of it in case you really flub anything.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The upgrade to 0.9.2 (going up tonight) is going to require some work (unless you're doing a fresh install). Details will be included in a new upgrade.html file.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    rust - I think that's a bug. You're the first person to tell me about it. I'll take a look...
This discussion has been closed.