Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing Vanilla on one host twice

y2kbgy2kbg New
edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
If Vanilla is in stalling in something.com/Vanilla can you install it again at something.com/ i am in the process of getting rid of a redirect to vanilla and a secondary page to the main website. i will then copy over the extentions and themes and tweak the extenions and settings until i get it to the condition of the other site the give people the new url.

Comments

• Options
    I'm getting too tired to comprehend what you're saying, but yes you should be able to install vanilla in more than one folder on a domain.
  • Options
    ha ha ha ok well i just saw a setting in vanilla that chages the install directory, could i just use that to move my install?
  • Options
    I think, technically, if you change that *and move your install to the new folder* (it wont do it itself) it should be fine and dandy. I'm not sure it's gone quite so to plan for people in the past, but there's only one way to find out... :D I suggest you take a backup of atleast your conf folder before you play with it though.
  • Options
    yea did try it , i was tired and i swewed up my whole site for about 3 hours. i will try it again after school today.
This discussion has been closed.