Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The User Wall killed me!!!

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My message board is all screwed up now after enabling this extension. It completely locks the site. The only way to somewhat fix the issue is to remove the folder from the extension directly. When I do I get the following error messages: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/UserWall/default.php in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 28 Warning: main(/home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/UserWall/default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 28 Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/UserWall/default.php in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 28 Warning: main(/home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/UserWall/default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 28 Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/UserWall/default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 28

Comments

• To uninstall an extension manually, you can't just remove the directory. Edit conf/extensions.php in the main Vanilla directory, and remove the line that says: include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."UserWall/default.php");
    I'm sorry you're having problems with my extension. Can you tell me what happened when it was enabled?
  • When I enabled the extension, a Lussumo error message took over the screen. I would have to enable it again to get the error message. I can if you wish...
  • I removed the line you listed above, same errors appear at the top of the screen...
  • Can you post the error message? Otherwise I can't help you. If this is a bug in my extension, I want to make sure it's fixed soon.
  • Hmmm, let me break it again. Give me two minutes...
  • A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message Could not create User Wall table Affected Elements UserWall.undefined(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; ' at line 9 For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • The website is lafixed.com
  • What version of MySQL are you using?
  • I tried again. I delete the line (28), save the file and upload it back through FTP. When I open the file, the changes do not save. The line is still there.
  • PolPol
    edited November 2006
    Hmm, that's probably a permission problem. Try this. Download this fake "stub" version of User Wall, which doesn't do anything, but has the structure of an extension. Unzip it and put it in your extensions directory like you would an actual extension. Then, go into Vanilla's extension manager, and disable it. You can then safely delete it.
  • That fixed it! Thanks for sticking with me on this. I would like to use this extension in the future, are there any special procedures or something I missed in applying it?
  • You didn't miss anything; I'll need to look into that error. Check the User Wall discussion for updates.
This discussion has been closed.