Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Merging a website and vanilla

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I have a website which is being made at the moment, and want to add a forum to it. 1) I want to be able to log in to the website and the forum at the same time. Would it be hard to do this? 2) How can I put the forum into the website itself? Lets say I have 3 boxes on the page, 1 with the banner, 1 with a menu, and 1 to put the website content into. How can I put the forum into the content box? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'd say the first question is: how confident are you with php/{x}html/css?
    1) Is easier with vanilla than with most other forum systems out there. Assuming you havent already made a login system for the site the easiest way would probably be to just use the vanilla user table and cookies and extend the user creation methods if necessary (i.e. if you need to add certain information about users)
    2) Is also fairly easy just by making a new theme, though you would need to be fairly handy with xhtml/css. You might even find it easier to build the website using vanilla as a framework of sorts (possibly with the page manager extension) depending what the website is like and what it involves.
This discussion has been closed.