Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Forum Statistics 0.3

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=53
hey guys, i've updated the statistics version with a few extra features

Complete Reset
- This will reset your statistics file if it stuffs up

Multiple Statistics Capability
- Yes, now certain statistics like the largest posters can be ranked

Unique Guests Stat Fix
- Well... i wasn't grouping the data so you were getting a bloated number of guests...

I'm still trying to find some good, but mainly interesting statistics that i would be able to use, so if you have any ideas, please say.

Comments

• The control panel says:
    "A Complete Reset will NOT delete actual data!"

But it seems to, all stats are reset to "0"
  • edited November 2006
    ok, it didn't reset the cache.... it's fixed now

What the message means is that it doesn't delete anything from the database
  • Every so often I get this error at the very top of the discussion page: Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/www/users/casual/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 99 Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/www/users/casual/forum/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 99 If I refresh once or twice it seems to go away. It might have to do with the newest user? B/c that doesn't seem to update. Any idea how I can resolve it? Or which stats to turn off as a first step?
  • Try setting the options.inc to 666 via chmod (http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3860/forum-statistics-extension-error-message/#Item_2)
  • TexTex
    edited November 2006
    @ Vincent: I think whispered discussions and comments should be excluded from the statistics, as it confuses with the numbers, given by vanilla. The rest is great. Thanks!
  • ok, when i get the time for it i'll fix up a query ;)
  • Not sure about the ;) but many thanks in advance.
  • My options.inc is already 606 (no need). I used to get many more errors that went away when I gave the system the ability to write to that file. My problem appears to be with mysql_num_rows()...
  • I narrowed my problems down to Users and Newest Users. Disabling those appears to have made my errors go away...
  • edited December 2006
    VincentI'm still trying to find some good, but mainly interesting statistics that i would be able to use, so if you have any ideas, please say.
    - Most popular discussion(s), with direct discussionlink and number of comments;
    - Guests in the last 24 hours;
    - Most active user(s);
  • users listed by amount of topics created would be a good one
  • Another request:

- Total of posted comments in the last 24 hours and last 7 days.
  • average number of posts a day would be nice to have
  • edited February 2007
    I'm using this extension since quite a while, and I've noticed something lacks compared to the Who's Online extension (which I use on the same forum) : it would be great to be able to click on the newest member's name to view her profile.
  • edited February 2007
    ok peoples, i've heard your comments :D

if you have a forum that is at least semi active, would you be able to help me out by sending each of these queries to your database and letting me know if they work or not?

Order By Most Active (soon to be improved)
    SELECT LUM_User.Name FROM `LUM_User` ORDER BY LUM_User.CountVisit DESC;

Guests in the last 24 hours
    SELECT count(*) FROM `LUM_IpHistory` WHERE LUM_IpHistory.UserID = 0 AND LUM_IpHistory.DateLogged > (NOW() + 86400);

The rest of the asked queries will probably need to have MySQL5 installed, so unless someone figures that out, i'll keep with what i've got at the moment and upgrade the extension to allow links...

I'll also be fixing up the current statistics to exclude whispers
  • I tested the first query and it works fine. I don't have any records in the IpHistory table.
  • ok... the second will only be usable if the IPHistories extension is available...

if anyone has any other queries that are available by default, dont hesitate to tell me
  • The first works, but the second one outputs '0' (while LUM_IpHistory is filled with data)
  • edited February 2007
    Guests in the last 24 hours
    SELECT count(*) FROM `LUM_IpHistory` WHERE LUM_IpHistory.UserID = 0 AND DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 1 DAY) <= LUM_IpHistory.DateLogged;For registrated users use WHERE LUM_IpHistory.UserID > 0

Number of posts in the last 24 hours:
    SELECT count(*) FROM `LUM_Comment` WHERE DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 1 DAY) <= LUM_Comment.DateCreated;For the number of post in the last week use INTERVAL 7 DAY
  • sweet! i didn't know you could do that! i havent studied mysql for a while so that's probably the reason :P

I'll put em in when i can but if you have any more don't be afraid cos i might think of something to make the next extension a bit more interesting.
This discussion has been closed.