Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How could I create a custom sticky graphic?

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I dig the bookmark icon that sits just under the top border of a bookmarked post... would it be possible to do something similiar for sticky topics, instead of the [Sticky] prefix? You would have to disable insertion of the [Sticky] text in the code somewhere?

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    I've been thinking about this myself. You could technically link an image to this location. However if mark could give an admin option to change the seperator "," to something else or remove it as necessary that would be needed for total control :D
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    Aye, I think that bookmarks and stickies should be in the same style, if you're talking consistency, which I often do. I can picture some sweet graphics for this, probably midget-sized stickers that are slightly peeling off the top right corner of the post, mmm tasty. (Also a good excuse to get some drop-shadow's on the go :-)
  • a great idea guys, i also thought the large [Sticky] text was slightly garish.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Well, I'll probably say that before it's a core function it will likely be an extension :D
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    Where have all the damn programmers gone when you need them :-?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    To sleep!
  • Looking for internet babes in WoW.
  • What's WoW?
  • World of Warcraft
  • Ok nuff said.
  • What happens if it's sticky and bookmarked?
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    It becomes 'Superglued' ??!! Good point, not sure how to fix that, they would have to stack up on each other, or side by side, doesn't sound very elegant though. Hang on, what kind of muppet would bookmark a sticky... anyhow...
  • What happens if you make a private discussion sticky?
  • Ok so if there was a Private or Sticky graphic, it would have to sit in the top left corner then maybe.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Mark, how about a feature like on our other boards where if you click "bookmarks" it displays only those threads you've bookmarked?
  • Um. Isnt that what 'discussion filters -> bookmarked discussions' does?
  • Lol, or is he kidding
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I mean instead of just stuffing the last X ammount in the sidebar, clicking on "display all" bookmarked discussions displays much in the same way as "your discussions" would.
  • I still dont get it. Whats the difference between how the 2 functions act?
  • something like these would be excellent: http://kgsims.backpackit.com/pub/115623
This discussion has been closed.