Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

no settings tab in admin account

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
of course i'm vey new and also didn't install the system myself (it was the server admin who did). when i log in i cannot see the SETTINGS tab (which should be after the SEARCH tab and before the ACCOUNT tab) i have a feeling this is an obvious issue - like, i don't have he right admin account credentials - but I'd like to get some confirmation/information before blast the server admin. thanks. =pirco

Comments

• Options
    Did your admin really gave you the admin account, or did he created one for you? There is an INSERT string in the mysql.sql file which add the default preferences for the admin. Maybe ask your server admin to add it again.
  • Options
    thanks for the speedy response, jazzman. i checked with the server admin and he says that they did exactly as in the demo and "we gave you the real admin user created during the installation process" (they don't get the "SETTINGS" tab either). could this be a permissions issue? if so, do you happen to know which file/folder needs to be changed? thanks again.
  • Options
    ah.. looks like it whas a php setting: "magic quote needs to be set to off on the configuration in order to work properly." problem fixed. maybe someone else will run into this. thanks again, jazzman, for your initial response.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm very new myself and just trying this out. I seem to have the same issue that pirco experienced, though I created the admin account myself. Where do I go to correct the "magic quote" setting mentioned in the above post? Is that a file in vanilla that needs adjusting? Thank you very much,
This discussion has been closed.