Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

McAfee SiteAdvisor phishing warning

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm not sure if this is really a big deal but wanted to see if there was a fix or something. I use Mcafee's SiteAdvisor and when I try to log into my Vanilla board.... I come across the following error.... Why were you redirected to this page? We believe this site may be trying to trick you into entering your financial or personal information. This is a serious security threat which could lead to identity theft, financial losses or other dissemination of personal information. I can over ride it but my concern is if others are using SiteAdvisor. I don't want my visitors thinking I'm trying anything fishy. And I didn't get that error when logging into this praticular forum.

Comments

• Options
    Have you got a link to your forum? Are you doing anything different to a standard Vanilla install? Worth contacting McAffee?
  • Options
    You might have to go to hhttp://www.siteadvisor.com/analysis/ and enter your site... near the top there is a link to click to leave feedback if you are the owner of the site.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Stash:
    Just a standard installation done using GoDaddy's installation tools. Here is a link. www.crochuntress.com/BBboard/
    The board isn't being used yet. I'm just testing and playing around before deciding to open it.

WallPhone:
    You may be right about that. I requested my site be analyzed since it says it has not yet been. I made the request about 3 months ago. I guess I just need to be patient.
  • Options
    Sometimes the problem with being patient is that in a big company it is quite easy for your request to get lost. If it's been three months I would suggest that you contact them again - or at least review their policy for reviewing sites.
  • Options
    CHWebby, SiteAdvisor is a crappy service. They're been known to 'mark' whole domains as suspect/bad just because ONE of the subdomains has bad downloads or a link to problematic pages (i.e. with bad links or many emails). I would not pay too much attention to it. Don't think most people do either. Very few have the extension installed anyway (I believe). T. PS Do make sure that YOUR system isn't actually infected already. I ask this because I do NOT get any warning whatsoever when accessing your site. I actually get: 'No results found for crochuntress.com'
This discussion has been closed.