Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrade Problems - Setup page keeps appearing

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Everytime I try to go to the index page on the Vanilla forum (http://www.reachrecords.com/speak) it automatically sends me to the upgrading screen (http://www.reachrecords.com/speak/setup/index.html). I tried upgrading by placing the correct code in the 2nd line of my extensions.php file and then replaced the appg folder. However I still get the same problem. Any advice for me? I bet everyone on the board is wondering whats going on. Help is much appreciated! I thought I was upgrading from Vanilla 1.0.1 to 1.0.3, but I'm wondering if maybe I was sitting on version 1.0. But I'm pretty sure I was using 1.0.1 before I tried the upgrade this morning. Thanks

Comments

• No help? Can I get a little something to steer me in the right direction?
  • http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3755/my-forum-is-redirecting-to-the-setup-page/#Item_6
  • Thanks minisweeper. I was trying to find a thread like that but couldn't. I've contacted Dreamhost. Hopefully they can solve the issue since others on Dreamhost seem to be having the problem. It doesn't help that I'm below newbie status either.
  • This is what dreamhost said. I told them the problem and referred them to the thread minisweeper put above. Here is their response: Hello Ben, Per the forum's advice: It could be some kind of caching issue. Not in your web browser, but on a proxy server used by your hosting company... Don't do any caching on this end. There are programs out there, such as wordpress, and probably some forum software which do caching themselves, but there are no proxy/caching servers on our end. I hate to do this to you, but you're really at the mercy of the developer/user community here, as this is 3rd party software, and there's really nothing we can do to troubleshoot it. On a positive note, you may be able to reinstall and tell the new installation to use the original database you created for it or something. Other than that, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. Thanks, Jeffrey I'm now wondering how to do a fresh install but still keep all my members info. Any advice on that?
  • Did you try just adding the line mark suggested to the settings file?
  • Ok, I added the line that Mark suggested in my conf/settings.php file: $Configuration['SETUP_COMPLETE'] = '1' But nothing changed. Dreamhost says they don't do any caching on their end. Any more advice? My conf/settings.php file was blank when I downloaded it to add the line of code above. I don't have a backup of it anywhere. Any way that I can restore all this without losing my community? Thanks
  • If your file was totally blank then adding that line wouldnt achieve much. You need to run a reinstall of the forum to a seperate database then copy the original database over the top. Or try running an upgrade install. I'd take a backup of as much as you can before making a move though.
  • Got it. I found an old backup of vanilla on my hard drive I didn't think I had. I just copied the settings file onto the server and it came up. Thanks for the responses Minisweeper. People like you make me recommend Vanilla.
  • Everyone loves backups :)
This discussion has been closed.