Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

multiple roles

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm having an issue with multiple roles where it's not working properly.

My forums members all have a primary role "Member". For the ladies, we have a "Ladies' Lounge" that only they should view.
I installed the "Multi Role" extension and made sure it was the first to load. The went to the "Change Role" and assigned "member" as a primary role then "Lady" as a secondary role.
Only the "Lady" Role is set to view the category titled " Ladies' Lounge"

So far, it's not working as none of the "LAdies" can see it... not sure where I could have gone wrong.

Comments

• I did a similar setup with this extension and had the same problem. I wanted a private category. I installed the extension. Setup a role called "Private" in addition to the "Member" role, then gave it access to the category, yet was not able to view it.
  • Multi Roles doesn't work with categories (yet)
  • ah! this would explain in. I was thinking that it did.
  • category-compliant multi-roles would be fantastic in combination with To-Do List: Personal To-Do List: -- XXXXX -- XXXXX Group A To-Do List: -- XXXXX -- XXXXX Groub B To-Do List: -- XXXXX -- XXXXX
  • I don't get the point. The standard Vanilla core allows to disable a role from using a category.
    Isn't what you want?
  • It does Max_B. But let's say you have two roles: role A doesn't have access, and role B does have access to that category, the user should be allowed to participate in that category. But it's really hard to program as the whole Vanilla Framework is based on one role at a time... I don't know if it's doable in an extension.
  • @Jazz: Really sorry to hear that, it's a killer feature which would create much better control of who-does-what-where. One day it could be extended further, eg with roles that have read-only access to some categores. What I end up doing is manually making **loads** of roles, one for each permutation... perhaps this could be emulated, though I have to say that's a messy solution?!
  • I would also love to see Multi Role work with Categories. As I understand it from this thread, Multi Role 1.0 will NOT allow you to create specific category access through Roles and then combine them based on a users needs, correct?
This discussion has been closed.