Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

AccountPicture Permission Issue

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've installed the AccountPicture add on and have activated it. I've set the prefs to put pictures in "uploads/AccountPictures". When I upload pictures nothing happens. When I check the dir I see a file but all new permissions are set to 400. If I chmod 755 the files my picture shows up fine in Vanilla. I've set the uploads folder and AccountPictures dir to be writable, I've even tried 777 for both and the files themselves still upload as 400. What have I missed here? Is it some permissions or user/groups issue with my webserver? I'm running on LiteSpeed 2.2.6.

Comments

• edited February 2007
    You could try 666, but only apply it to the folder you strictly need write permissions to.
  • Well, you must have been able to chmod or you wouldn't have been able to install vanilla in the first place. So I wouldn't consider that being the problem.
  • Right, the permissions on the upload dirs are set fine and I'm able to upload via the AccountPicture feature in my settings. Vanilla uploads the images, but for some reason uploads them with the permissions 400, so then the webserver can't read the files and it just shows up blank. For the time being I just set a cron job to chmod 744 every min on the images in the upload dir.
This discussion has been closed.