Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Newb with a newb question...

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have a sports news links website that I have intergrated the Vanilla Forums into. I would like to be able to have a button/link after a news story link that can link to my forums as a way to start a discussion on the sports link...I hope that isnt confusing. Is there an extension or smooth way to link these two together. I assume I could create the disscusion for the sports story and link manually..But I was hoping somebody tackled this issue already...Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Options
    Please take your time and explain your issue if you want others to take the time in helping you solve your problem.
  • Options
    you could start automatically make a discussion but i'm not sure what your would put into the first comment... you could also just place a link in to start a discussion in a specified category and have a quick GET link to make the discussion name in the name input... would that help ya?
  • Options
    My apologies for not explaining things better. I will attempt again! What Im hoping to have happen is this: Next to a link on my website for a news story I would like to have a link named/called "Comments". When the user clicks the comment button, is it possible to have them directed to the forum and a specific discussion and/or category? Mostly Im curious if this can be done dynamically or if there is an extension. I have looked around and Im not seeing what Im looking for. Im not adverse to creating the discussion manually and then linking from my website front page..I just wanted to see if this concept has been covered and if there is some way to generate a link for a discussion etc. Thanks very much for your help.
  • Options
    Actually that doesn't sound that hard, I'm sure I could do it externally like this.

click on link with a variable in it, if discussion does not exist create it in the database, then shoot to the page?
This discussion has been closed.