Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Attachments 2.1 and empty discussion submission

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Note sure if anyone has seen this before or not.... If you try to start a new discussion in Vanilla but you leave the discussion topic or comments field blank, Vanilla will show you some warnings about this and tell you to please fill in those fields before submitting. Very nice. However if you enable the Attachments 2.1 extension and then try to start a discussion with empty discussion and comments you get 8 lines of code error instead. Ex: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/[path to vanilla]/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.CommentGrid.php on line 71 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/[path to vanilla]/comments.php on line 55 The requested discussion could not be found. Disable Attachments 2.1 and the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this or can anyon else verify it? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Heh, and here I was thinking it was just Vanilla that was causing this problem! Naughty me. I shall test without Attachments enabled and come back to you...
  • Options
    I can confirm this bug.

With Attachments 2.1 disabled

With Attachments 2.1 enabled

• Options
    The requested discussion could not be found
  • Options
    Excuses by the previous message, were an error. It wanted to ask if were some solution to this bug.
    thanks
  • Options
    Any solution for this bug ? Maybe prev. version of attachements plugin was better ? If someone have Attachements plugin V2.0 or lower, please attach it here.
  • Options
    dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2007
    Supposedly, there's a fix. But it gives me an error when I try to implement it.

http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=74878

Anyone know what the problem is?

If so, it's probably best to contribute the solution to the official Attachments 2.1 discussion thread, here.
  • Options
    hi! I have a solution to this:

change this code in attachments/default.php:

// Save Attachments function DiscussionForm_SaveDiscussionAttachments(&$DiscussionForm) { $Discussion = &$DiscussionForm->DelegateParameters['ResultDiscussion']; $AttachmentManager = &$DiscussionForm->DelegateParameters['AttachmentManager']; $AttachmentManager->DiscussionID = $Discussion->DiscussionID; $AttachmentManager->Comment = &$Discussion->Comment; $AttachmentManager->SaveAttachments(); }
    to

// Save Attachments function DiscussionForm_SaveDiscussionAttachments(&$DiscussionForm) { $Discussion = &$DiscussionForm->DelegateParameters['ResultDiscussion']; $AttachmentManager = &$DiscussionForm->DelegateParameters['AttachmentManager']; // dont save if don't have a DiscussionID if (!empty($Discussion->DiscussionID) && $Discussion->DiscussionID != '') { $AttachmentManager->DiscussionID = $Discussion->DiscussionID; $AttachmentManager->Comment = &$Discussion->Comment; $AttachmentManager->SaveAttachments(); }}
    I'm not a php coder but worked for me
    sorry for my english.
This discussion has been closed.