Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Delete your own comments

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there a option/add-on that will allow users to delete their own comments only? It seems that the options here are for all or nothing. It would be handy if delete was handled the same way as edit.

Has anyone tried implementing anything like this?

Comments

• yes, there is a remove comment add-on
  • But that allows you to remove ALL comments, I have it set for ADMIN only.

Posted: Sunday, 29 April 2007 at 10:19AM

• thats strange, on my forum it has several permissions. one of which is "delete your own comments or discussions if noone has commented"
  • edited April 2007
    Are we talking about "Comment Removal 2.1" ?

Later...
    Yes you are correct!

Posted: Sunday, 29 April 2007 at 8:10PM

• I don't know about you, but the Comment Removal 2.1 ad-on doesn't work! It just comes up with an error :'(
  • I got an error yesterday but the comment was deleted anyway, I think I clicked a link before it was done doing its thing.

Just tested it again and it worked fine.

Posted: Wednesday, 2 May 2007 at 7:34AM

• edited May 2007
    Ideally I was hoping the post would be deleted like Vanilla does (hidden but still in the database).

Has anyone set up Vanilla to allow users to close, sink, and delete(hide) their Own discussions but not others?
  • it seems that i can't actually delete my own comments at all (as an admin). it has a 'delete' button on the right, along with 'edit'. pressing it asks "do you want to delete this?" and then does nothing if i say yes.
  • Delete actually HIDES comments and if you have permissions to see hidden comments you will see them.

I love Vanilla but this behaviour is most annoying.

Try the Comment Removal add-on.

Posted: Saturday, 21 July 2007 at 8:23AM

This discussion has been closed.