Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Scary, buggy thing... integration Janine

I have redone the integration of WordPress and and Vanilla with Janine. Here is what happens.

Blog entry created.

Link to Vanilla discussion is below the blog post.

When Discussion link is clicked, a new Vanilla discussion is created. This first post in this new discussion has text with a link back to the to blog post that the thread is discussing. Here is the code in Janine that creates the link:

$Configuration['JanineDiscBody'] = 'Please join us to discuss %BlogPostTitle%.';
$Configuration['JanineDiscFormat'] = 'Html';

When the discussion link is clicked, the discussion is created and linked beautifully and the viewer is taken to the new discussion.

BUT when the user clicks the link back to the blog article, the user is directed back, but the WordPress theme disappears (reverting to the default theme) AND the viewer is on a WordPress comment entry page, ready to post comments into WP.

Help!

I'm using the latest versions of WP, Vanilla, and Mistylook.

Comments

• Discovered something I'd missed. The theme isn't reverting to Default. The link in the Vanilla discussion is pointing back to the old test blog we set up to get the integration working.

Anyone know where this bad link is located?
  • edited April 2007
    Cancel that. Yes, the link sends me to the OLD site, but then, when I try to go to the REAL site, the theme has reverted.

Here is the NEW blog.

Here is the Vanilla forum.

Here is the OLD, dummy blog.

Help appreciated.
  • ur new blog and old one look the same.
  • Depending upon when you hit them, they do look the same--both point to the same database. Different URLs though, and sidebars and stuff.

When I create a discussion from www.mormonmomma.com, the link back to the article points to blog.mormonmomma.com. Clicking the link back to blog.mormonmomm kills the theme on BOTH sites. Can't figure out where it's getting the link to blob.mormonmomma...
  • Schizo, your post got me thinking about how the two were pulling from the same place. I pulled down the site from the test domain and now the links work. Go figure. Thanks for getting my brain back in gear.
This discussion has been closed.