Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Add-on] Lightwindow

edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
There is a new lightbox, etc., replacement I came across in a post on the WP support forum. It can be found at http://stickmanlabs.com/2007/04/13/lightwindow-support/. I have already made an extension for it but am still testing it. You can see it working on my forum buy clicking on an image at the bottom of my page. It has a lot of capabilities for doing things with images and galleries and other types of files.

Just an FYI. I have been trying to make a slideshow in lightbox for a christmas story I had for a long time. After I activated the extension and added a class statement to the image code in my custom foot.php, it worked perfectly.

Comments

• Looks great Jim, the loading graphic seems to be not found.
    I would definitely have a use for this.

Posted: Saturday, 28 April 2007 at 7:47AM

• That's the problem with the base url that has been discussed before. I'll fix that. And I'll try to work on some other examples of how to use it.
  • I've tested this for a couple of days and the one thing I really like about it which is differnt than other XXXbox scripts is the gallery handling. All the other page or mov or swf or pdf file in a window are the same as the other XXXbox scripts. I do also like the movie in a window and put an the same example (as the original author) on my forum along with some other things I was expermienting with.

You can also put a tag id in it, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work given the way Vanilla does things (unless someone can point me in the right direction to get ot to work).

You should also be able to put a form in a window, but I haven't figured that out either.

I'll work on putting a config page together for changing some options. I think I'll upload it without this and explain what values you can change. Then I'll add the config page in the next version.

And, I just found another XXXbox script that has a very nice slideshow presentation. In case you haven't figured it out, I am fascinated by image display.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Looks nice but a question I'd have to ask since I notice that you can still scroll the page in the background without the image mask moving with the page is: how do things scale when the image is larger than the browser viewing area? It doesn't appear to compensate by allowing the viewer to scroll around to view what's otherwise off screen.
  • Maybe there is a parameter to not allow you to scroll in the background. I just added an example on my forum which has a thumbnail of an image that is 1810x2080 and it scales it well. Check it out and let me know. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    OK yeah, it appears to proportionally scale the images to fit the viewing area. Not bad.
This discussion has been closed.