Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vaz's short list of requests

VazVaz New
edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who's developed addons till this point. I feel that for me personally it's reached all the basic's and there's not much more left to include to count my installation of Vanilla as a proper 'forum' (critics go to hell).

Request #1

AI bot integration. It just seem's like a really desired addon on every forum board. I'd really like to have a little robot of my own which talk's total nonsence. Perhaps the integration of Alice bot or something. Here's Talkerbot which someone done for VB.

Request #2
Just a little box that appeared on the settings page where admins can quickily save a few notes perhaps?

Request #3
More feeds! I'd like to see more indipendant feeds. Individual feeds for discussions, categories & overall.

Request #4
If you look at vbulletin for an example, at the bottom of the page they have a 'Currently active users' bit. If you click on the writing you are presented with a page with indepth information as to what user is currently browsing what. This feature would be cool if you incorporate it (the whole ability to see what each user is viewing).

Ability to see this information should be role limited. Although the below screenshot doesnt show it, guest's are also shown.

Well that's it for now. I guess my real request is for #1 & #4.

Comments

• Request #1 would be cool, but what would he, she or it say?

Request #2 could be handled by the to-do list add-on. What would you want to do with these notes?
  • #2 just a quick little box ot leave the other admins a message or what not. jot little notes down when making changes #1 - it uses alice a framework which automatically talks and learns stuff. checkout http://www.alicebot.org/ for more info.
  • So, for #2, you would want to store the notes for only the admin role to see. Kind of like a chat.
  • Yep. Nothing fancy just a little box with a save button.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    edited May 2007
    #3 exists already, on a per-discussion and category basis. You just need to subscribe to that discussion/category...
  • Thanks for pointing that out Lech. List has been updated with request #4.
  • Request #2 can be handled by the Chatbox extension if you change the location that it appears to be only the settings.php. That way anyone who can change the settings can chat with one another.
This discussion has been closed.