Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mail problems and an error message

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have installede Lussumo forums on my server with the following extensions active: Applicant Discovery Category Roles MassMailer MembersPage New Discussions Notify Participated Threads Poll Predefined Attributes Sidepanel Rotator Signatures Stuff Displayer Thankful People TinyMCE TopicsOnly Who's Online I use Tabled theme and Danish language file. So much for the introduction - here goes: Whenever I try to access users account, I get the following errors: Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php on line 50 Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php on line 91 Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php on line 50 Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php on line 91 Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php on line 50 Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php on line 91 Beneath the error messages the normal function appears on screen. This only happens when logged in as Admin. At first I just accepted this, as it seemed that everything worked anyway. But now I have discovered some stuff, that doesn't work: * The forum doesn't send mail to new applicants or to people subscribing to the forum. The Massmailer, however, works fine. * When a new applicant has entered application information, the server redirects to /people.php and shows only a blank page * After changing roles of users, Admins are redirected to the above errors and nothing more. I have set up SMTP. Under Languages/English on the server, I can see some txt-files called email_applicant.txt, etc. These, however, are not in the Danish direcory. I tried to copy the files over, but to no avail. Anyone?

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    Have you attempted disabling any/all of the add-ons then re-enabling one at a time + rechecking the problem pages after each extension gets loaded? Try that first, as I'm placing my bet that this is a result of the mass mailer add-on since mail is screwy
  • edited May 2007
    I am sorry to say, that I've already tried that :-( EDIT: The error messages disappear, but still after role change, I only meet a blank screen... No email is sent. When I reload the page (/account.php) I can see the user account page... ALL extensions are turned off. EDIT2: Notify-extension also doesn't send mail...
  • edited May 2007
    Update: After disabling and reenabling all the extenstions it now seems that ordinary users also get error messages when entering the profile: Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php on line 50 Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /kunder/web-3079/skilteforum.dk/www/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php on line 91
  • Update again: Just deleted the entire database and reinstalled Vanilla on the server. Still no mail is sent - and after applying for a new user, only a blank page is met... Try skilteforum.dk and apply for membership, just to see a blank page hereafter.
  • Hmm.. I give up... Reinstalled the forum 3 times from fresh now... Still doesn't work. Don't know why..
  • edited May 2007
    What happens if you use the default theme, and the english language file? There could be a problem with the language file, but I doubt it in this case. It would surprise me less if the mass mailer and the tabled theme together might be causing a problem.

If you don't get errors with both default theme and english, you'll at least know where the problem is.
  • bjrn -> thx for the effort... As you can read, I have made a fresh install without extensions at all.. All from scratch, no hanky panky.. Still doesn't work. I have checked, that all files are uploaded and that permissions are correct. Actually I also tried to set permissions to 777 for alle files and directories. I have tried both with and without configuring SMTP. Funnily enough - the exact same method works great on my own server - not on my rented space down town... I am currently playing around with phpBB, but it seems way too user unfriendly. Let alone, their MODS are to be installed by MANUALLY edit config files and database tables...? So much for an easy to use, maintain and update forum platform. Would like Vanilla to work..
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Hmmm, that's kind of odd indeed. Any chance you could post your servers php and mysql versions? and is this a windows server or nix? That may help us get down to the bottom of why this isn't working.
  • edited June 2007
    My own server is fully updated Linux Apache/MySQL/PHP with the latest versions. My leased server runs Zeus Webserver... This might be a problem?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    It shouldn't be, but it could hint as to why things are not working and acting funky. Hmmm.
This discussion has been closed.