Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Post Swappers now supports Vanilla - get more posts for your forum

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Post Swappers is a site that I recently created to help new forums get a boost in traffic. It's essentially a post exchange system with other forum owners, but it's all tracked and easy to use. The site is free and there aren't any ads on it - it's just a way to help get new forums off the ground.

Today I added support for Vanilla to it. If you need more posts on your forum, give it a shot. Thanks.

PostSwappers.com

Comments

• I don't see how this works, I registered, now what?

Posted: Thursday, 28 June 2007 at 3:57PM

• Looks like a pretty cool concept. Any chance to have other languages supported? I'd like to add my french forum, but I'm not sure it would be useful right now.
  • no offense, but ugh. who cares about having more posts if they're created for no reason other than to bump up your post count? i'd rather have content that supplies its own reason for existence.
  • Good point ithcy, I concur.
    Now how do I de-register?

Posted: Friday, 29 June 2007 at 8:41AM

• It depends of what is posted, of course. If it's just crap then there's no point in registering. But if people come to post something and enjoy your forum, it's worth the try. I don't think it's about quality or quantity of content, but mostly about advertising.
  • I'm correct in saying that it's a 'topsite scheme right?'
  • It actually looks like a co-op post trading deal--kind of like the old 'banner exchange' programs that were popular years back.

Helps overcome the catch 22 - 'How do I get traffic? Have lots of content (posts).', 'How do I get useful posts? Have lots of member traffic.'
  • If you have niche areas, I could use a pseudo software forum because my private/restricted forum has been blocked by websense (corporate proxy company). If it looks like a legitimate software discussion forum, maybe they'll restore it.
This discussion has been closed.