Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal, non-recoverable error...

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys, I seem to be getting a lot of errors when trying to connect to pages at the moment and I'm also seeing a lot of ?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?> which is doing my head in trying to think how to get rid of it. The message I often get I've copied below and I've already spoken to my hosting company (Streamline) who told me to ' Within your connection script try replacing the hostname from 'mysql9.streamline.net' and replace it with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but I've no idea where they mean when they say within the connection script. Also these ?>?>?>?>?> seem to come up at the top of the error page and annoyingly on the top line when trying to put in a member's name to whisper to. If anyone's any idea on what I can do I'd be extremely grateful! A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The connection to the database failed: Affected Elements MySQL.OpenConnection(); The error occurred on or near: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql9.streamline.net' (2) For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Comments

• Options
    Hi alecglen,

regarding what they said, mysql9.streamline.net has address 88.208.193.103

so you might try to change $Configuration['DATABASE_HOST'] = 'mysql9.streamline.net';
    in /your/path/to/vanilla/conf/database.php to: $Configuration['DATABASE_HOST'] = '88.208.193.103';
  • Options
    Thanks Klip, I'll give it a try and report back.
This discussion has been closed.