Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to have vanilla in a directory and access it from another one

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, I want to install vanilla in a directory call "forum" but i want to access to it from a index file in a directory call support. Is it possible ? What do I need ? Is it enough to copy the index.php file in the new directory ? Thanks for your help. Dominique.

Comments

• No, it seems to me that it's not enough. Some other pages are front controllers (account.php, categories.php, comments.php...).
    I must admit that this is useless work to me. Is your boss asking this (or are you masochist)?
    Do you want to forbid access to Vanilla from wwwsite.com/forum to?

How powerfull is your access to the server, do you have shell acces, can you soft-link?
    I think that it can be solved with rewriting in an .htacces though, but I'm not an .htaccess guru.
  • I'm not masochist ... I don't think so ... maybe ;-) This is because I'm using a specific software for the website and my question is about theme. With the soft, I choose a theme (Css, Grid, Menus...) and then I can write some HTML code ... Dominique.
  • Could you be more specific please? What software? What can't you do if Vanilla is all in the forum/ directory?
  • it could be easy with a rewrite rule.
    How exactly do you want you file tree be like?
This discussion has been closed.