Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to move / get rid of the Vanilla box in the #Panel div

edited December 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,

I would like to move the light grey box, "Vanilla x.x.x is a product of Lussumo. More infor...".

I appreciate that Vanilla is open source but I think this is a poor use of prime real estate on the forum layout. I'd be happy to move this information to the footer but I'm not at all experienced at editing PHP, so I'm not sure which bit of code needs to be moved.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance for any help -- it's very much appreciated.

I think it would improve the forum to move the lussumo links to a footer -- and IMHO, adding a footer would also be a general improvement. People who don't know about Lussumo or Vanilla may think that websites using Vanilla to power their forum are owned by Lussumo. Having the text "...is a product of Lussumo" in such a prominant place in the layout may make it seem to some people (browsing quickly) that the website using Vanilla is a product of Lussumo, rather than the forum code.

Maybe "This forum is powered by Vanilla." in the footer would be more suitable.

What do you think?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.