Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

i want to make vanilla to be able to read "Thai" Language.

edited December 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
can anyone please help ??

Comments

• What do you mean by read it?
  • right now, when i type words in "Thai" font the result will come out as ??????? . i dont mind about the translation, i just want to be able to read Thai, Thx u so much
  • Everything you need to know to setup a forum for non latin language is in the wiki.
    The short story is: mysql database must use utf-8 encoding.
    I recently sorted out a folk's forum in japanese wis the very same problem: the database were latin1 and then any non-latin character is lost an replaced by ?.
  • Thai language is tis620 encoding. should i change it to tis620 ? or utf-8? if tis620, i've changed it but still doenst work. still get question marks (??????) Thx u so much
  • I advice to use utf-8 which is universal and allows mixing of different characters set (latin AND Cyrillic and Thai and Japanese…)
    Here is a test of random Thai characters: กขฃคฅฆง
    and Cyrillic: привет

Be aware that changing the database encoding is not enough if you have already installed Vanilla and then created tables inside.
    You must :
    - either empty the database, change default encoding and reinstall
    - or change the database default encoding and export/transcode/import its content as explained in the wiki.
This discussion has been closed.