Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Chocolate Gallery

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Features that would be cool for a good gallery * Albums for each user... ( and maybe each user can have more than one album if the admin allows them to have it) * an E-Card System? * Albums within Categories * User Multi Upload * Photostrip ( a strip on the bottom of the main gallery page that shows the recently added photos) * Stats ( Top 10 Rated, Top 10 Viewed, Last 10 Comments ) (stuff like taht) * Category and Sub Category Listings * Thumbnail Generation * Comment system for the gallery * other Media Posting would be cool too * Multi Moderation Support * Ability to move albums from category to category * Create albums for users from the settings page * Approve or Delete images from the settings page * Create private albums and allow your friends access to them (private as in just the one user that made the album can see it) * maybe Create whisper albums and allow your friends access to them (maybe you want to have an album just between you and your friend) * Search captions and descriptions through the search system * See who is viewing your gallery (maybe....it would be kinda cool) The gallery is for people to upload their photos in it is not for their avatars, profiles pictures, icons, etc kinda different i might have some more things to add later now i don't know who to make this but i put it out if some programmer feels really bored or is interested i making addons they can make this (maybe this would be a good part of a vanilla 2)

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I second (and third) this.

This is one of Hamed's better ideas.

** almost needs to be integrated with FileBrowser (there was an extension that did that, but I think it's D.E.A.D. dead)
  • edited March 2008
    here are some pictures i got
    it is like all html and i kind of edited it with a photo editor program to make it look a little better
    but it is just an idea of how it could look

see i used to have a gallery for another forum system
    so i viewed the source and used page manager
    i tried to mess around with it a bit
    but anyhow
    so here is one look it could have
  • I think the main idea is to allow people to upload multiple account pictures, and organize them into different 'folders' of galleries, or into public galleries. Their personal galleries would be on their profile (along with their contributions to public galleries) and the public galleries would be in their own tab. (^kinda^like^above^) It would be wicked sweet to integrate it with Lussumo FileBrowser (There was an extension that integrated them, but it's D.E.A.D.; dead)

I kinda find the above rendering a bit bloated, but hey, it's nice to visualize some possibilities. I would like something more similar to FileBrowser (or just plain FileBrowser).

It should also be able to import the photos people have already specified on their account page prior to the installation of the addon.
  • yeah well what i was trying to show with the image was that it could have categories and maybe subcategories under that so underneath each category maybe each user could have an album and under the album photos bloated? you mean i should not have put a big picture there or something? should i have put a clickable thumbnail of it?
  • no I mean overall; the layout of the gallery. (too much information)

it needs to more to the point (like vanilla). The info about an album / pic could be in a mootools tooltip (see UserInfo)

I just find the layout of it a little cluttered.
  • then i will try to render out a better version... maybe
This discussion has been closed.