Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installation Error

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have our site hosted at GoDaddy and currently have one SQL database setup and working for a calendar, and have setup a second SQL database for the Vanilla Forum. However, when running the "Vanilla Installation Wizard" I get an error message that says, "We connected to the server, but we couldn't access the "CFCA Forum" database." I know the database exists because I can log into it. So, what am I missing that the Installation cannot access it? I have confirmed the login name and password numerous times. Thanks!

Comments

• Does your database user have all the access needed?
  • Does your database name actually have a space in it?
  • edited August 2008
    The forum database was set up identical to the one for the calendar (which works) and I did not have to do anything with the access permissions. The database name does have a space in it, but the login name and password does not.
  • Does anyone know how to get support for this product? I really like the possibilities with it, but if I can't get it setup it does me no good.
  • why not just creating a new DB without the blank space in its name, if that is causing errors?
  • It would generally not be recommended to have a space in your database name. I'm not sure why it would have worked in the past but not now though...
  • mini, I win :P
  • I changed the forum name to a single word and that fixed it. Thank you. Thank you.
  • BTW, does anyone know if the installation and user document - http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php - is available on PDF for download?
This discussion has been closed.