Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla developer/implementer needed

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all, we designed all the layouts for our version of the Vanilla forum and sent it off to a developer for development... he did all the implementation and CSS work (he says about 95% of the work has been done) but for some reason he just can't manage to get it working.

Is there anyone out there who fix this issue? Preferably in the UK, but are open to anyone having a go and of course we will pay you for your time. We have a good few sites that need these implemented on and would love to have someone to call on a regular basis.

I have all the files ready to go just need you to work your magic. Drop me a message and we can hopefully sort this out asap.

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Hi @rmacs,

Am I correct in assuming this is for Vanilla 2/Garden and not Vanilla 1?

Cheers.

Ben
  • Hi Ben,

i am assuning he has now used Vanilla 1 after a little reading here. This is what i got back from him:

We have already completed most of it. We need some help getting it working -

The following things are done:

* The header/menu/footer is integrated
    * The left discussion board is integrated
    * On the right sidebar the categories should be displayed,
    using the plugin
    * jQuery is integrated

Things missing:

* The “More discussions” button with AJAX (with a plugin)
    * The search bar (there is a live searchbar plugin for this, but not sure how it works)
    * The categorys
    * User login/signup
    * The most recent discussions
    * The comments section
    * Some more customization

I have all the files if you are keen to have a look at it...
  • Hi @rmacs,

I was just checking which version it was - I'm not familiar with the code base of Vanilla 1, and I dont really have the time or motivation to learn it, so wouldnt feel comfortable enough to help.

I am however more familiar with Vanilla 2 and could have tried to give you a few pointers, but if you asked for my honest opinion, I dont quite think Vanilla 2 is "production" ready yet (although not far off).

I dont keep my eye on the Vanilla 1 forum so not sure if you posted this there also. If not it maybe worth re-listing this post in there to see if anyone can help?

Good luck!

Cheers,

Ben