Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 1 or 2 - which one do you like most?

fmimosofmimoso
edited December 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Just wondering...

Comments

• Well one is released and one is in beta so I'm not sure they can be compared. Who knows how much Vanilla 2 will change before its release :)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Personally, I'm inclined to like V2 :)
  • I never really got into Vanilla 1, so I never used it, but I personally think Vanilla 2 is really really nice, and designed very well. So I am going to go with Vanilla 2!
  • @Mark: Who would have guessed it! ;)
  • V2 for me..... i like the look, and it feels more web 2.0.

If i just could get the installation working on godaddy it would be the best :-(
  • V1 for me.
  • SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    I guess I will give my opinion. I like the user interface of Vanilla 1 better, but the back-end code of Vanilla 2 is nicer. I plan to stick with Vanilla 1 even when Vanilla 2 is released, but you never know, I might get the Vanilla 2 bug between now and then
  • So far, Vanilla 2 hands down!

Rich::
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Vanilla 2 obviously looks and feels a lot better than 1. I just wish I knew how to install it lol
  • @ Raize

Don't bother just yet, it's not ready. I guess you could do so anyway, just to get a taste (and it WILL be a taste, nothing more) but as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather wait for the first set-in-stone build.

Rich::
  • V2 is way ahead and for me its the best forum script out there
  • Does anyone have a link to a V2 forum setup - I'd be interested to see it running first.

Thanks in advance.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You're using one right now :)
  • Well thank you very much, I thought as much. Yes I love this one, will it be easy to update from beta to release version when it's released?

Thanks again.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I expect so, yes. It should be a simple matter for copying the newer files over the old ones.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    If you find any issues and want to lend a hand, sign up for a GitHub account to help us track them: http://github.com/lussumo/Garden/issues
  • I HATE BOTH, because I don't get them!!
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2010
    @Bac213 What you don't understand is PHP and web technologies. You need some background before you can install ANY forum software on your own. There's no cause for taking out your frustrations on Vanilla.
  • i was checking out v1 along time ago, v2 is looking bad ace! looking forward to testing the capabilities of vanilla!