Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SSO/Cookie Format

I've looked at pretty much every forum solution available, and it looks like Vanilla is the best solution, but I'm still not being able to implement SSO like I'd like to.

I've got an app that I've build, with several thousand members. When they login into our site, they _really_ need to be logged into Vanilla also. I've looked at the SSO plug-in, but that really didn't seem to help me.

What is the format of the cookie used, so that I can just roll my own php script. I'm a pretty decent PHP dev. Any Ideas?

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    How does the SSO plugin not help you? What does it not do that you need it to do?

The problem isn't based around the cookies. It is based around the fact that our SSO handles creating accounts and session handling in Vanilla for your existing users with existing sessions.