Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I can't see any categories

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just installed the forum and the Digg theme but can't see any categories. I click on the 'categories' link at the bottom of the page and it just takes me to the discussions. Looking at the screen captures on the Digg theme page it seems as though it should show my categories.

Anyone know what's going on. I can't find anything in the documentation or through searching. Everything else seems to be working fine.

As I see no way to create categories, I created a category directly in the database to test it and assigned a topic to that category but still see nothing in the menu. Everything appears under "All Discussions"

Comments

• Try changing your theme back to the default vanilla theme. Do the categories reappear? If so it's an error/feature in the theme.
  • I tried this but no luck
  • edited September 2009
    Overwrite your forum directory on the server with a fresh copy of Vanilla. Be sure NOT to overwrite your config folder (MAKE a backup too). I think this should fix any PHP edits you may have made by accident that is messing your forum display up.
  • Check again if your permissions have been set correctly: Dashboard >Forum | Categories > click on one of your categories, click on "Administrator" to mark all options.