Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

A Fatal Error Occured—and I didn't touch anything.

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi. I got home from work today and checked out my forum. The discussion page was fine, and I opened a couple of discussions. Everything was working fine. Then I clicked a link to look at another discussion, and BOOM! There was suddenly a fatal error. I refreshed the (functioning) pages that I had open, and the error was present on those as well.

It makes no sense. I talked to the only other administrator (whom I trust completely), and he did nothing at all.

This was the error:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
Technical information (for support personel):
Error Message
The connection to the database failed:
Affected Elements
MySQL.OpenConnection();
The error occurred on or near: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Does anyone have any idea what happened? Or more importantly—why?

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    It looks like your database went down which has something to do with your hosting environment. It should probably go back up again on its own, but if not check your hosting support.
  • Options
    Okay cool, thanks for the advice and the quick response.