Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

The issue of Polls again

Sorry to raise this one again... after installing Jazzmans (now old) great Poll addon, I have found a small problem.

A Guest can't vote. I can't see any spamming issues - if a guest can vote, but it is good to draw people in... if they can vote without being members, and then want to comment. Is there any way I can have a poll where users who are not members can vote. ?

sorry to be a pain... but in UK archaeology, many people want to vote, but don't want to register. (I am with elgg, so the registration is more extensive) I chose Vanilla cos it was clean and fresh, and integrated with Elgg.

So what I want (I know I know!) is the ability for non registered users to vote. can it be done?

Thanks for peoples thoughts

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes, it is important to allow people to do stuff, like fill polls and surveys, even without being registered. acai berry
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I don't know how jazzman's polling tool works, but it should be relatively easy to make it so anyone can vote in polls.