Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Possible to embed a Vanilla Forum into an existing web page?

edited November 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If so, how?

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There are the ways you might have already thought of -> iframes. But other than that you'd need to build a theme around it.
  • Options
    How would I place it into an existing frame. My HTML is not so awful strong. Thanks for the quick reply!
  • Options
    @MartetheK, if your html is not strong then I suggest you take the w3c online course on it. It is free and good. After that, I would suggest you used CSS and templates instead of embedding things. You will get a much better look and feel that way.
  • Options
    I'm also looking for a way to embed the PHP. I use RapidWeaver and integrating WordPress was as simple as pasting in the PHP code into an HTML page. Doing the same with Vanilla works... mostly. I dropped the PHP into RW-generated pages with the same name as the Vanilla ones (i.e. people.php) and it mostly works, but it throws errors like "Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent"

It'd be nice to have a cruft-free way of doing this...
  • Options
    Thanks to Dinoboff who had the answer, which he posted over on this page: http://tinyurl.com/yz9cgf5