Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fix on installation : replacing eregi depreciated for preg_match

edited November 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
for those who has xampp with php 5.3.0 and has problems on the setup should change the line 362:

if (!eregi('(.+)@(.+)\.(.+)', $SupportEmail)) $Context->WarningCollector->Add('The email address you entered doesn’t appear to be valid.');

by

if (!preg_match("/^[A-Z0-9._%-]+@[A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9.-]{0,61}[A-Z0-9]\.[A-Z]{2,6}$/i", $SupportEmail)) $Context->WarningCollector->Add('The email address you entered doesn’t appear to be valid.');

why? php 5.3 depreciated eregi function.

correspondent replacements for further versions shouls be applied bases on this information:

To migrate ereg():

ereg('\.([^\.]*$)', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

becomes

preg_match('/\.([^\.]*$)/', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

Notice that I wrapped the pattern (\.([^\.]*$)) around / /, which are RegExp delimiters. If you find yourself escaping / too much (for an URL for example), you might want to use the # delimiter instead.

To migrate ereg_replace():

$this->file_dst_name_body = ereg_replace('[^A-Za-z0-9_]', '', $this->file_dst_name_body);

becomes

$this->file_dst_name_body = preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9_]/', '', $this->file_dst_name_body);

Again, I just added delimiters to the pattern.
If you are using eregi functions (which are the case-insensitive version of ereg), you’ll notice there’re no equivalent pregi functions. This is because this functionality is handled by RegExp modifiers.

Basically, to make the pattern match characters in a case-insensitive way, append i after the delimiter:

eregi('\.([^\.]*$)', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

becomes

preg_match('/\.([^\.]*$)/i', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

Comments