Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email Will Not Send

edited November 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have "Notify by email of new applicants" checked in the administrator role. When a new applicant signs up I do not receive an email notifying me. However, once I accept the new applicant an email is successfully sent to the applicant informing them of their membership. So outbound email apparantly works. Am I missing something here? I assumed that the administrator would receive email notification when a new member signs up.

Comments

• Options
    Have you checked that you have the proper email address in your account settings?
  • Options
    Yes - I have the proper address in my account settings. I must be missing something obvious.
  • Options
    Problem Solved. I had neglected to check "Receive email notifications when new users apply for membership" in the Forum Preferences. I had assumed that checking "Notify by email of new applicants" in the administrator role would do the trick.
    Thank you SubJunk for your suggestion.