Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Help Connecting to Database

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi Folks...

I currently have my vanilla install located at a domain as www.personaldomain.com/simple, I would like to move vanilla to a different URL/domain such as www.businessdomain.com/forum. Both domains are hosted at godaddy as well as the database and I have no intention of moving or renaming the database. I would like to do a fresh vanilla install (v1.10) at www.businessdomain.com/forum and connect the new install to the old vanilla database. I attempted doing this already but received an error... is it possible to connect a new install to an old database and have all of the users and discussions/posts appear in the new install?

When attempting this, I changed the database info in the conf/database.php and it was all accurate but when visiting the new install forum, I got a database error... is there somewhere else I need to change information to make this work?

Thanks for the help!