Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Integration Question

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've used Vanilla in the past so I was delighted to see than Vanilla 2 is now available for beta download... with a single sign-on plugin to boot!

Tonight I knocked together a module for Prestashop as I have a site that would really benefit from a forum (and particularly a Vanilla one) and it seems to be working better than I expected except for one issue.... I'm posting here just to check that I'm assessing the problem I'm having correctly.

Everything works *except* the "Sign in" menu option and sidebar button. In Prestashop there isn't a dedicated "login" page or partial - both it and the account create Urls are therefor one and the same, and in fact both redirect to the actual account create/login page. It looks to me like the "Sign in" link (in my case /forum/entry/handshake/?Target=discussions) is expecting a partial view that just contains the login form, rather than in my case a whole page? If this is the case, then I guess I either have to modify the views to make "Sign in" the same as "Apply for Membership" or write some custom code at the shopping cart side to generate an acceptable login form?

Any guidance would be appreciated. I guess I probably should have tried out the Wordpress plugin first and studied what it does before attempting my own....

Many, many thanks to the developers and community for getting this to the stage it's at.

EDIT UPDATE:
I've sussed it out. I could either modified the class (removed popup) of the menu links but it looked really clunky doing it that way, so I wrote a custom login script that generated the appropriate form and JSON responses on success/failure and did it that way instead. Sweet :)

Paul

Comments