Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What would be the best way to transfer money around?

edited October 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm trying to get donations together at my site so we can buy a license for vBulletin (I know......its not Vanilla ;) ). Anyway, I don't really know what the best way to do that would be.

I'd need some way to get the money into my own checking account so that I could make the purchase with my check card. I was thinking I'd use Paypal, but I'm not really sure...and I know they take a cut out of everything that is sent. I also don't know if some of the money might come in the form of cash or what.

So, what would be the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've used paypal for that before. Yes, they take a cut - but it's not very much and the ease of use is fantastic.
  • Options
    But be careful, PayPal fucks you up really fast if they think something fishy is going on, somethingawfuls donation account was suspended and GuComics donation account was also suspended. PayPal is evil.
  • Options
    They only suspend the amount of money that was donated with a fake credit card. I've used PayPal for along time, take all my payments online through that.. they have never stuffed me around. I'd say go with them as it's really easy to accept payments and even pay for items with it.
  • Options
    PayPal can prohibit you from using the account what ever reason they see fit, it's like their own state where they are the king. So just remember, you are playing with their rules.
  • Options
    Paypal would seem to be the easiest suggestion - only other idea i can think of is just straight bank transfers - but i dunno how stuff like that works in the states with bank charges and stuff. I know i could transfer money anywhere in england free but to transfer outside the country would cost me. And then ofcourse some banks stick charges on for the hell of it anyway depending on your account type/status/whatever other excuse they can think of.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Cayman Islands... err wait.
This discussion has been closed.