Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Removing Vanilla from my shortlst

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Reasons:

Extensions/Addons can't work - done all I can but complete waste of time on that front ... why it is complicated on Vanilla?
No clear directions to add extensions even on the page you download addons from! There's no clear guidance / documentation around making this forum work for you.

I thought it would be as easy as setting up wordpress but having used it I'm changing my mind for BBPress.

Comments

• Options
    It's because adding extensions is no brainer, unzip it under extensions directory, and select it in Settings/Extensions.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There were a lot of problems with plugins for Vanilla 1.

Our goal is to not let that happen with Vanilla 2.

On the Vanilla 1 front, there are some awesome community members working on plugin packages that all *work*. I imagine you'll see some big improvements when they push Vanilla 1.2 out the door with those plugins included.
  • Options
    are there any plans to implement automatic installation of themes/plugins/apps, not only is this favourable IMO to users "admins" but its also fair to developers because it opens the themes/plugins/apps to a larger market due to ease of installation.

also browsing these from within the admin control panel "dashboard" would be great.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @bobtheman - of course we'd love to do that. We're focusing on stability at the moment, though. Baby steps!