Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Creating a new theme

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Alright, so I've been looking around quite a bit for any documentation that fully outlines the process of creating my own theme for Vanilla 1.1.10, but I've yet to come across anything comprehensive that can help a new Vanilla user like me.

I'm wondering about the theme part because when I'm in my file manager, all of the template files sit in the root of the themes folder, where the vanilla folder is as well. My logic would have me thinking that these template files would be inside the vanilla folder, which is at the root of the themes folder; that way, if I wanted to create a new theme, I'd just copy the vanilla folder and rename it to whatever and keep it in the themes root as well. But since the template files sit outside of the vanilla folder, what am I to do if I want to create a new theme? I don't want to go playing around with the template files as they are.

I know what I've posted above surely doesn't make any actual sense, but I'm just trying to think things through. Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    To create a new theme I suggest going into /themes and copying the "vanilla" folder. Paste it in there and rename it to what you want your theme to be.
    That will let you customise all the CSS and images. If you need to customise the PHP as well, simply copy the PHP file you want to edit into your theme folder. For example, you would copy /themes/head.php to /themes/yourthemename/head.php and Vanilla will use that file instead of the one in /themes/.